by Elias Deukmajian | Kitchen Remodel
One of the initial reasons why people decide it’s time to renovate their kitchens is because their budget finally allows for such a venture. That’s why it’s important to figure out what you can afford, what you want, and how to reconcile those two things.It’s important to keep in mind that any time you undergo a renovation, you’ll likely encounter choices that compromise your budget – since kitchen cabinets are often one of the most expensive elements of a kitchen design, it’s important to establish your bottom line first to make sure you stay within your price range. In this article we’ll go over some tips on how you can find kitchen cabinets that fit your price range, but don’t sacrifice too much of your wish list.
Budget is Always the Initial ConsiderationDetermining a budget for your kitchen cabinets should always be the first order of business when you decide to take on such a remodeling project. Home rejuvenation costs money, and it’s no doubt that you’ve thought for a long time about how you’d like to improve your kitchen. Cabinetry is a great, cost-effective way to update a kitchen; but it’s important to have a good understanding of what determines your level of affordability. It’s important to consider the following factors when setting a budget:
- Your home style and design – would you like to preserve the integrity of the existing design, or make significant changes to your home’s aesthetic and feel?
- The value your home has been appraised for
- The value your home could accrue once you install new cabinetry
- Versatility of the cabinet design – would this be suitable and versatile enough for a range of potential new homeowners if you should sell someday?
- Your current needs and wishes in a new kitchen design – do you need a more functional design, requiring more significant remodeling changes?